You will need:
-1/4 cup(s) sugar
-1/4 cup(s) water
-1 cup(s) blueberries
-1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
-1 cup(s) heavy cream
-10 ounce(s) angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
-2 cup(s) strawberries, hulled and chopped
-1/2 cup(s) shredded coconut, sweetened and toasted
-8 (8 ounces each) canning jars
Photo Credit: Con Poulos
1. In 1-quart saucepan, stir together sugar and water. Heat to boiling on high, stirring occasionally; stir in blueberries and lemon juice. Remove from heat. Let cool completely.
2. In large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, whip cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold in cooled blueberry mixture.
3. Place a single layer of angel food cake on bottom of 1 canning jar. Top with 2 tablespoons strawberries, then 2 tablespoons blueberry whipped cream. Repeat layering of cake, strawberries, and whipped cream. Repeat with remaining 7 jars. Serve immediately, or replace screw caps and refrigerate up to 1 day. Before serving, top each parfait with 1 tablespoon coconut.
These Berry Cupcakes topped with raspberries are a cute and simple addition to any festivity! *(This recipe makes 34 cupcakes!)
You will need:
-3 1/4 cup(s) cake flour
-2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
-1 teaspoon(s) coarse salt
-8 ounce(s) (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
-1 3/4 cup(s) sugar
-1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
-1 cup(s) whole milk
-8 large egg whites, room temperature
-1 1/2 pint(s) (3 cups) blueberries
-34 (1/2 pint; about 1 1/3 cups) raspberries
-Cream Cheese Frosting
-2 tablespoon(s) butter, softened
-3 ounce(s) cream cheese, softened
-1 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar
Beat butter and cheese in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually beat in sifted powdered sugar.
Photo Credit: Martha Stewart
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit, with racks in middle and lower positions. Line 3 muffin tins with 34 liners. Whisk together 3 cups flour, the baking powder, and salt. Beat butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and the vanilla until pale and fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
2. Beat in flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with milk.
3. Beat whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating until stiff, glossy peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, fold one-third of the whites into batter, then carefully fold in remaining whites. Gently toss blueberries with remaining 1/4 cup flour to coat. Gently fold floured blueberries into batter. Divide batter evenly among cupcake liners.
4. Bake until cupcakes spring back when touched, 23 to 25 minutes. Let cool in tins on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from tins, and let cool completely on wire racks. Frost cupcakes and garnish each with a raspberry.
I hope you ladies love these treats as much as I do!
All of this fruit and dessert talk has me thinking about some of my favorite beauty treats!
Our Just Berry Kit is not only the perfect pop of red for the 4th of July, but also an easy item to bring on-the-go to a party! Cheeks get a pretty flush of Blush-n-Brighten Baked Blush in the shade Roseberry and lips get drenched in color and shine with Color Drenched Lip Gloss in the shade Berry Crush! Don’t forget to shop LauraGeller.com for our Friends & Family Sale and get 25% OFF of every item (ends 7/7)!
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday! If any of my GGs decide to make these, or any other patriotic meals this holiday weekend, please post them and hashtag #LauraGeller and #BakedIsBetter!
*All recipes from Delish.com.