Posted by Laura on Jul 02,2014
You will need:
-1/4 cup(s) sugar
-1/4 cup(s) water
-1 cup(s) blueberries
-1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
-1 cup(s) heavy cream
-10 ounce(s) angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
-2 cup(s) strawberries, hulled and chopped
-1/2 cup(s) shredded coconut, sweetened and toasted
-8 (8 ounces each) canning jars
Photo Credit: Con Poulos
1. In 1-quart saucepan, stir together sugar and water. Heat to boiling on high, stirring occasionally; stir in blueberries and lemon juice. Remove from heat. Let cool completely.
2. In large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, whip cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold in cooled blueberry mixture.
3. Place a single layer of angel food cake on bottom of 1 canning jar. Top with 2 tablespoons strawberries, then 2 tablespoons blueberry whipped cream. Repeat layering of cake, strawberries, and whipped cream. Repeat with remaining 7 jars. Serve immediately, or replace screw caps and refrigerate up to 1 day. Before serving, top each parfait with 1 tablespoon coconut.
These Berry Cupcakes topped with raspberries are a cute and simple addition to any festivity! *(This recipe makes 34 cupcakes!)
You will need:
-3 1/4 cup(s) cake flour
-2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
-1 teaspoon(s) coarse salt
-8 ounce(s) (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
-1 3/4 cup(s) sugar
-1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
-1 cup(s) whole milk
-8 large egg whites, room temperature
-1 1/2 pint(s) (3 cups) blueberries
-34 (1/2 pint; about 1 1/3 cups) raspberries
-Cream Cheese Frosting
-2 tablespoon(s) butter, softened
-3 ounce(s) cream cheese, softened
-1 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar
Beat butter and cheese in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually beat in sifted powdered sugar.
Photo Credit: Martha Stewart
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit, with racks in middle and lower positions. Line 3 muffin tins with 34 liners. Whisk together 3 cups flour, the baking powder, and salt. Beat butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and the vanilla until pale and fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
2. Beat in flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with milk.
3. Beat whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating until stiff, glossy peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, fold one-third of the whites into batter, then carefully fold in remaining whites. Gently toss blueberries with remaining 1/4 cup flour to coat. Gently fold floured blueberries into batter. Divide batter evenly among cupcake liners.
4. Bake until cupcakes spring back when touched, 23 to 25 minutes. Let cool in tins on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from tins, and let cool completely on wire racks. Frost cupcakes and garnish each with a raspberry.
I hope you ladies love these treats as much as I do!
All of this fruit and dessert talk has me thinking about some of my favorite beauty treats!
Our Just Berry Kit is not only the perfect pop of red for the 4th of July, but also an easy item to bring on-the-go to a party! Cheeks get a pretty flush of Blush-n-Brighten Baked Blush in the shade Roseberry and lips get drenched in color and shine with Color Drenched Lip Gloss in the shade Berry Crush! Don’t forget to shop LauraGeller.com for our Friends & Family Sale and get 25% OFF of every item (ends 7/7)!
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday! If any of my GGs decide to make these, or any other patriotic meals this holiday weekend, please post them and hashtag #LauraGeller and #BakedIsBetter!
*All recipes from Delish.com.
Posted by Laura on Jun 23,2014
I am SO excited for my upcoming seven hours of QVC U.S. event shows coming up June 27, 28, and 29—and I’m celebrating my make-up merriment by sharing my seven favorite new beauty must-haves for my Geller Girls!
Retro glam has never looked so good. Inspired by the fabulous fashions of 1950s Italy, Ciao Bella creates sexy, dramatic eyes and soft, kissable lips. The best-selling bronzer creates a perfectly sun-kissed hue--like you just returned from the Riviera! The eye shadow duo highlights and contours for eyes that stand out. Amp up the drama with a sweep of waterproof eyeliner--subtle, smoky, or a you-can-do cat eye. Lips get a whisper of sheer, protective color with SPF 15 lip balm.
The ultimate full-face collection of top-selling products and shades from Laura Geller Beauty! Spackle® Under Make-Up Primer preps skin to a perfect canvas and allows makeup to apply more smoothly and wear longer. Spackle® and Baked Brûlée Blush are infused with Centella Asiatica and white tea extracts. Baked products begin as liquid pigments and are then baked and hand finished by Italian artisans. Italian Marble Lipstick delivers balm-like texture.
Treat skin to the best of both worlds with this makeup/skin care hybrid formula. The mousse-like liquid foundation hydrates skin while providing natural-looking, sheer-to-medium coverage and SPF 25 UVA/UVB protection. Skin is nourished with mineral water, vitamin E, goji berry, and an antioxidant complex. With a veil-like texture and velvet matte finish to blur the look of fine lines and wrinkles, Skin Elements leaves skin radiant, even, and healthy-looking--the elements of sun-protected beauty! Available in 6 shades!
A moisturizing lip stain in a range of beautiful shades that flatter any complexion. The Lasting Love Lip Stain is a gel-like crayon that glides on lips to impart lustrous, matte, buildable color. Laura Geller Beauty has reinvented the rules of lip stains by combining deep moisture and long-lasting wear--for the perfect pout that lasts.
It's your secret weapon for flawless skin! Whether you want an easy-to-use, oil-absorbing finishing powder or a natural, no-makeup look, this one-shade-fits-all powder delivers undetectable color correction. Mint green pigments minimize the look of redness, flecks of lavender brighten sallow tones, and soft peach hues illuminate, helping your skin look instantly healthier and more even.
A modern and indispensable colored lip balm that protects with broad-spectrum SPF 15 coverage. A mix of vitamin E, mango butter, and coconut oil help to nourish lips, while a hint of semi-gloss color creates a natural, sporty look. Combined with SPF 15 broad-spectrum protection, each Sun Kissed Lip Balm is the perfect recipe for a beautiful look.
The ultimate eyelid primer to create the perfect canvas for color lay-down that won't budge for up to 16 hours of wear.
Don’t forget to tune in to QVC U.S. for more NEW beauty essentials & Geller Girl favorites!
Laura Geller Make-Up Studio
6/27: 10 AM EDT (2 hours!) & 10 PM EDT
6/28: 3 PM EDT (2 hours!)
6/29: 1 AM EDT (2 hours!)
Posted by Laura on May 23,2014
Our Brand NEW Tuscan Sun Today’s Special Value Is Here!
Gorgeous skin, perfectly pouty lips and beauty that appears effortless: we’ve captured the spirit of Italian allure with the Tuscan Sun collection! Our latest formulations and gorgeous new hues protect, perfect and prettify your look.
NEW Spackle® SPF 30 delivers broad spectrum sun protection while priming skin to a perfect canvas for extended make-up wear.
The color-correcting Baked foundation evens skin tone while a NEW Baked blush, made with skin-loving Italian Thermal Spring Water, adds a soft flush to cheeks.
Skin looks instantly radiant with a sweep of our Baked highlighter.
A NEW lip stain creates a “just bitten” lustrous matte pout that lasts.
Delivered in a straw tote that’s ideal for a Saturday morning stroll through the farmer’s market, Tuscan Sun will have you looking naturally beautiful, wherever your travels take you!
Today's Special Value Price: $56.96
Good until May 24, 2014 2:59 a.m. ET
Shipping & Handling: $6.72
Easy Pay! 2 Installments of $28.48, plus Tax and S & H
Shop today ! A240482
Posted by Laura on May 08,2014
Posted by Laura on Apr 15,2014