Posted by Laura on Oct 15,2010
As some of you may know, this past Saturday we held an intimate makeover event at my studio in NYC. I enjoy having in-studio events because not only do I get to meet some of you in person, I also get to learn much more about each and every one of you. I saw many familiar faces and was flattered to hear that many of you actually planned your schedule’s around the event! I met a lovely lady who came in to celebrate her 80th Birthday. She lived very far away but her daughter had arranged their plans just so they both could come in and meet me. It was also great to see the new friendships that formed. I witnessed two ladies talking to one another. As they chatted, they discovered that they live near each other and also that they’re both big fans of QVC. They even arranged to meet up after the event! What can I tell you? My in-studio events are about more than makeup. Women find themselves, stories are shared, and more importantly, I get to talk to you. All in all, it was a lot of fun and a very joyous day. I cannot wait until we have our next event.
Below are a couple of my favorite photos. To view more, please head over to my Facebook Page.
Posted by Laura on Oct 15,2010
I would like to share with you all an amazing experience I had recently on NBC’s LXTV. Although I always have a great time doing makeovers, this occasion was different. I had the pleasure of meeting a woman by the name of LuAnn Martelli. LuAnn had been viciously attacked by a dog, which left her with a scar above her lip. Together with LXTV, I was able to help LuAnn enhance her look and downplay what was really bothering her. As I know many of you may not have LXTV in your area, I included the segment below.
The look on LuAnn’s face when her makeover was complete left me in awe. Knowing that I was able to lend a hand to LuAnn, enabling her to feel good and confident about herself, was especially touching. This example demonstrates how the power of makeup not only enhances but in this case transforms! - I feel incredibly fortunate that I was able to meet and work with LuAnn. I am so happy to share this experience with each and every one of you. I love you all.
Posted by Laura on Jun 08,2010
I am always asked for quick and easy tips for one’s wedding day, so I thought I would document a few of them here. And these tips aren’t just for brides!
- Take care of beauty treatments, such as facials and waxing at least 2 weeks before the wedding. These can temporarily irritate the skin so please give your skin time to recover.
- Skin that “glows” is soft and complimentary to the camera, so experiment with a dewy complexion, but remember, dewy doesn’t equal oily.
- Waterproof mascara is a must! You never know who’s speech will bring you in tears. Waterproof eyeliner helps, too!
- Use a lipstick sealer to ensure that your lipstick lasts for hours. You can also apply loose powder on top for even better results.
- Let a friend or relative be responsible for holding your makeup essentials and making sure you are touched up periodically during the reception. Chances are, you probably won’t remember to check your own makeup throughout the night.
Follow these tips and you are certain to have a goof-proof night!
Speaking of goof-proof, tonight from 5 - 8PM I will be holding my “Meet the Masters” with Dermatologist, Dr. Doris Day and Barbara Hannah Grufferman, Author of New Book "The Best of Everything After 50." Stop by – I would love to meet you!
There’s a lot of fun going on and I hope you will join us!
As some of you may already know, I'll be back on QVC May 4th to share with you my BRAND NEW, EXCLUSIVE Today’s Special Value Glow-n-Behold Collection!
Presenting Glow-n-Behold, my newest head-to-toe makeover collection for face & body!
Watch my Sneak Peek video where I show you each product!
Everything in this limited-edition collection will help you look your best all year round, thanks to gorgeous, multitasking, flattering-for-all products: My brand new (customizable!) creamy concealer and highlighter palette helps balance out your skin tone by covering dark circles, age spots or blemishes, and the highlighter shade included accentuates and contour certain features (while minimizing problem areas). My BEST-SELLING Baked Body Frosting in Tahitian Glow is perfect for achieving a healthy, sun-kissed glow, while my new, universal shade of Baked Blush and new Double Dipped Lipstick are must-haves in your beauty bag!
My Geller Girls know I love to deliver innovative and easy-to-use beauty products. I want to give you only the best, and my products included in the Glow-n-Behold collection, are all that and more! And, wait until you find out the price – I can’t believe what a great value we are bringing to you!
- Baked Body Frosting All Over Face & Body Glow with Body Puff in Tahitian Glow contains powerful antioxidants Centella Asiatica and White Tea Extracts along with Ceraphyl Oil to give better skin feel and cling. You can use this wet or dry with my body puff! (0.85 oz)
- BRAND NEW! Dream Creams Concealer & Highlighter Palette in Porcelain/Fair or Regular/Tan gives you creamy, customizable concealer shades along with a complementary highlighter shade in one portable compact! (0.27 oz)
- BRAND NEW! Baked Blush Mono Cheek Color in Bora Bora, a universally flattering shade of mono cheek color in a sateen finish to give you the perfect glow! (0.176 oz)
- BRAND NEW! Double Dipped Lipstick 2-in-1 Creamy Lip Color in Caribbean Kiss offers TWO satin lipstick colors in one tube, perfect for on-the-go travel or when you need to switch up your makeup routine from day to night!
I hope you’ll join me on May 4th (starting at MIDNIGHT EST) for my Today’s Special Value. To see additional show times, check out my TV Schedule .
You can order my TSV on QVC:
Looking forward to sharing this collection with you, girlfriends!
The Holidays are almost here and I am truly excited. It’s a time where we can all take a break from the hustle and bustle and get together with family and dear friends. So many of us have experienced turbulent times and I believe that embracing your family is one of the best ways to overcome. I am so happy to say that I am the luckiest girl in the world with friends such as you. I wish you and yours all the best this holiday season and I hope you have a fabulous time bringing in the New Year.