Posted by Laura on May 08,2011
As many of you may know, tomorrow is Mother’s Day. This year I am going to go up to my mom’s house in Rockland County. It is the same house I grew up in and both my mother and I have been doing some much needed repairs and updates on it. We are so very proud of how the house has come out and it makes us enjoy it even more. What I am looking forward to the most is being able to relax on our back porch (which is foreign to those who live in NYC) and I am going to attempt to BBQ! I may just have to share with you some photos from that. Daniel is coming along a well so it will definitely be a great time.
In case I don’t get to say it, I would like to take the time out to wish all of the moms who work tirelessly to support their families and nurture their children, a Happy Mother’s Day. I know it is a tough job and I recognize it since having Daniel almost 11 years ago. Here’s to all of us.
Posted by Laura on May 03,2011
This weekend was QVC’s annual Beauty Bash and boy was it fun. The highlight of the event for me was not only getting to meet new and familiar faces but getting to engage in conversation with each and every one of you.
Every year, Johnny puts so much care and consideration into setting up a great booth. The experience everyone gets is amazing. It is almost like you have been transplanted in my NYC studio – which is simply wonderful since I know a lot of my Geller girls up North want to visit it but can’t. This year for the booth, we built more makeup stations to accommodate our guests and included more “try-on” areas so those who were interested could play with the makeup themselves.
Many thanks to everyone who was so kind to my son Daniel, who was in attendance. He is such a character. Not only was he helpful but he also generated many laughs as well.
Being able to meet so many fabulous women is awe-inspiring. I truly feel speechless when you share with me your stories of how I have inspired you. It is the greatest feeling in the world and knowing that I can inspire women continuously is why I truly enjoy Beauty Bash and what I do the most.
For anyone who took photos from the booth, or for those of you who would like to see, please visit: Howard Allen Photography.
Posted by Laura on May 01,2011
4th of July weekend is here ... doesn't time just fly by? A three day relaxing weekend is an absolute treasure that many of us can take for granted. Daniel and I will head to Long Branch, NJ where we will visit family and close friends. We love the Jersey Shore. There's always something to do between the ocean, the boardwalk and the pool. As I don't have a beach house or a country home I've grown to really enjoy summer in the city. The energy is calmer and the streets are emptier. The summer is the best time for dinner and a movie!
I must say, I am looking forward to my anniversary shows on QVC in July. On July 17th at 6pm we are going to do my first ever show with a live studio audience. I'm so excited! Daniel and my closest friends will be with me along with Jane Treacy, one of my BFFs! After the show we will do a meet and greet with the audience. I can't wait. I love having the opportunity to visit and chat with my Geller girls in person!
For those of you who celebrate, the 4th of July weekend is a great time to kick back, relax and read a good book. If you are looking for options I have a great find for you! My good friend Barbara Grufferman recently published a new book titled The Best of Everything After 50. Please be sure to check out and enjoy! Don't forget to let me know what you thought about it.
Posted by Laura on Apr 29,2011
Hi my lovely Geller Girls. Were you up bright and early just as I was to take in the royal vows? Princess Catherine looked absolutely stunning. A few of you have asked me how you can achieve her look. Here are my tips for getting Princess Catherine's exquisite wedding-day look:
- Catherine's skin looks flawlessly matte and natural. To emulate the look, try my Spackle Under Makeup Primer, perhaps Champagne Spackle to even out and awaken skin tone. Next, blend Balance-n-Brighten all over the face; with the perfect amount of coverage, it will create a flawless canvas for the rest of the look.
- The flashbulbs were certainly in action, but her face didn't look shiny in the slightest. Proactively treat shine and produce a porcelain-like finish, like Catherine's, with a thin layer of Matte Maker.
- Her cheeks are very rosy and beautifully defined. Try my Air Whipped Blush in Whisper Rose on the cheekbones for a healthy nuance of color.
- Catherine's eye makeup looks natural with gray and taupe shadow dusted on her lids (try my Sugar Free Marble Matte Baked Eyeshadow Duos) and a charcoal liner accentuating both top and bottom lashlines (try my Powder Eyeliner Pencil in Velvet).
- Try using a bone colored liner along her inner rims to brighten and frame eyes like Catherine's (Try my I-Care Eyeliner Duo in Bone). Coat lashes with black mascara - and don't forget the curler! (Try my NEW At Long Lash Mascara for a look that will last through the day and night, rain or sunshine!).
- Her eyebrows are prominent, yet not too overdone. It appears she placed a luminescent powder on her brow bones, which imparted a lifted look to the area (Try my Baked Vanilla Highlighter).
- Finally, lips are a creamy pink-nude with a hint of sheen, but nothing too overbearing. A gorgeous finishing touch to a stunning look! (Try my Air Whipped Lip in Innocent Mousse).
Posted by Laura on Apr 22,2011
I hope many of you got to see my shows on QVC. Hopefully you didn’t notice I was feeling off. I wasn’t feeling very well during the shows and each morning wondered if I would be OK to go on air. Luckily, I pulled off the shows and headed back home to NYC where I was scheduled for a photo shoot. Well, fate didn’t stick with me. The cat got my tongue shortly after I returned home! I lost most of my voice and had to do a photo shoot where talking was required. The producer couldn’t reschedule so Johnny and I went to the shoot together and Johnny was my surrogate voice – he literally took the words right out of my mouth. It was hilarious! On occasion I could muster up some words and when I didn’t sound like a horse I probably sounded like a mouse! Good thing I type this blog and don’t record it. :)
On another note, it is with such great acclaim to tell you that I am being honored by the non-profit organization, City of Hope. As a female entrepreneur, mother and daughter, I feel that it is so important for us women to stick together, which is why I have worked so hard to make my brand both beautiful and meaningful to all women. Words cannot express how truly honored I am to receive this award from City of Hope’s East End Chapter. I spend a great deal of my day thinking about how to bring beauty into your lives. It’s a part of my DNA to support you with ALL the challenges you face and I have been blessed by you with the ability to affiliate my brand with several charitable organizations including the CEW Cancer and Careers program. $1 from the sale of each i-Care Eyeliner Duo is donated to the organization which is dedicated to changing the face of cancer in the workplace by providing resources and support for employees with cancer and their employers, healthcare providers, coworkers and caregivers. Since inception in 2010, we have contributed over $200,000 to this program. Before this our renowned brow marker allowed us to contribute over $400K to Joan’s Legacy: The Joan Scarangello Foundation to Conquer Lung Cancer.
I am so honored and humbled to be able to give back in this way and consider myself to be one of the luckiest women in the world. I have all of you to thank for this. Without your support and dedicated passion, I wouldn’t be where I am today. Thank you so much and I love each and every one of you.