Posted by Laura on Apr 29,2011
Hi my lovely Geller Girls. Were you up bright and early just as I was to take in the royal vows? Princess Catherine looked absolutely stunning. A few of you have asked me how you can achieve her look. Here are my tips for getting Princess Catherine's exquisite wedding-day look:
- Catherine's skin looks flawlessly matte and natural. To emulate the look, try my Spackle Under Makeup Primer, perhaps Champagne Spackle to even out and awaken skin tone. Next, blend Balance-n-Brighten all over the face; with the perfect amount of coverage, it will create a flawless canvas for the rest of the look.
- The flashbulbs were certainly in action, but her face didn't look shiny in the slightest. Proactively treat shine and produce a porcelain-like finish, like Catherine's, with a thin layer of Matte Maker.
- Her cheeks are very rosy and beautifully defined. Try my Air Whipped Blush in Whisper Rose on the cheekbones for a healthy nuance of color.
- Catherine's eye makeup looks natural with gray and taupe shadow dusted on her lids (try my Sugar Free Marble Matte Baked Eyeshadow Duos) and a charcoal liner accentuating both top and bottom lashlines (try my Powder Eyeliner Pencil in Velvet).
- Try using a bone colored liner along her inner rims to brighten and frame eyes like Catherine's (Try my I-Care Eyeliner Duo in Bone). Coat lashes with black mascara - and don't forget the curler! (Try my NEW At Long Lash Mascara for a look that will last through the day and night, rain or sunshine!).
- Her eyebrows are prominent, yet not too overdone. It appears she placed a luminescent powder on her brow bones, which imparted a lifted look to the area (Try my Baked Vanilla Highlighter).
- Finally, lips are a creamy pink-nude with a hint of sheen, but nothing too overbearing. A gorgeous finishing touch to a stunning look! (Try my Air Whipped Lip in Innocent Mousse).
Posted by Laura on Apr 22,2011
I hope many of you got to see my shows on QVC. Hopefully you didn’t notice I was feeling off. I wasn’t feeling very well during the shows and each morning wondered if I would be OK to go on air. Luckily, I pulled off the shows and headed back home to NYC where I was scheduled for a photo shoot. Well, fate didn’t stick with me. The cat got my tongue shortly after I returned home! I lost most of my voice and had to do a photo shoot where talking was required. The producer couldn’t reschedule so Johnny and I went to the shoot together and Johnny was my surrogate voice – he literally took the words right out of my mouth. It was hilarious! On occasion I could muster up some words and when I didn’t sound like a horse I probably sounded like a mouse! Good thing I type this blog and don’t record it. :)
On another note, it is with such great acclaim to tell you that I am being honored by the non-profit organization, City of Hope. As a female entrepreneur, mother and daughter, I feel that it is so important for us women to stick together, which is why I have worked so hard to make my brand both beautiful and meaningful to all women. Words cannot express how truly honored I am to receive this award from City of Hope’s East End Chapter. I spend a great deal of my day thinking about how to bring beauty into your lives. It’s a part of my DNA to support you with ALL the challenges you face and I have been blessed by you with the ability to affiliate my brand with several charitable organizations including the CEW Cancer and Careers program. $1 from the sale of each i-Care Eyeliner Duo is donated to the organization which is dedicated to changing the face of cancer in the workplace by providing resources and support for employees with cancer and their employers, healthcare providers, coworkers and caregivers. Since inception in 2010, we have contributed over $200,000 to this program. Before this our renowned brow marker allowed us to contribute over $400K to Joan’s Legacy: The Joan Scarangello Foundation to Conquer Lung Cancer.
I am so honored and humbled to be able to give back in this way and consider myself to be one of the luckiest women in the world. I have all of you to thank for this. Without your support and dedicated passion, I wouldn’t be where I am today. Thank you so much and I love each and every one of you.
Posted by Laura on Apr 07,2011
I’ve been quite a busy bee these past few weeks. I recently took some time to visit a few dear friends of mine in Miami that I haven’t seen in quite a while. It felt good being able to spend some quality time with them, especially since I am not able to do so as often as I would like.
With Spring already here, I was very excited to invite a few blogger friends of mine to my studio in NYC and share with them some newly launched items. Here are some photos from this wonderful event:
As many of you know, QVC recently held their 24 hour Beauty Day. Boy, did I have a great time. Not only did I get to bring to you some of your favorite items but I also had the chance to talk to some of you on air and on Facebook and Twitter as well. I hope many of you find my new Ethereal Spackle Skin Brightening Primer as wonderful as my other primers. It has the same benefits as my original Spackle Under Makeup Primer but is also infused with licorice root to help brighten your complexion. A great tip for you: If you apply my Ethereal Spackle Skin Brightening Primer at night, not only does it help lock in moisture but the licorice root extract helps lighten age spots! Give it a try and be sure to let me know what you think.
Speak to you soon.
Posted by Laura on Mar 14,2011
The past few weeks have been filled with much excitement. From the QVC Red Carpet Buzz to Disneyland in L.A. to a CEW-held event, and a Spark & Hustle event, time flies by so fast!
The Red Carpet event on the Q was great and I had a fun time as always. I took many photos and am so delighted that I am able to share them with you.
One of the best highlights from being in L.A. was going to Disneyland with my cousins who live L.A. and my son, Daniel. We were all able to enjoy in one another’s company and be a kid for a day. I must tell you, having children is such an amazing thing. Daniel keeps me centered. I am sure many of you know, as mothers, we will do anything for our children … even if that includes riding on Space Mountain: the scariest rollercoaster I’ve ever taken!
This Wednesday I went to a wonderful cosmetic industry event held by CEW (Cosmetic Executive Women). For those who may not be familiar with it, CEW is an organization that develops the leadership potential of our women through connections, networking and the sharing of knowledge. I ran into one of QVC’s beautiful hosts, Sandra Bennett, while attending.
“Spark & Hustle” was an event that I not only attended but gave a speech at as well! It was so invigorating to see so many women connecting and networking. I was among great company: Liz Lange (Liz Lange Maternity), Samantha Ettus, Gretchen Rubin. I truly do enjoy when us women can learn from one another. We can move mountains as long as we have each other. It’s true what they say: it takes a village.
Catch up with you soon.
Posted by Laura on Feb 24,2011
Yesterday was such an incredible day. As many of you know, I was finally able to present my Vanilla Nudes Today’s Special Value on QVC. From showing you all of my tips and tricks to get the most out of this collection, to hearing your reactions on Facebook and from your call-ins, I can certainly say the day went by in a flash. You all definitely keep me going, especially on a day where I don’t get much rest. I hope you will find my Vanilla Nudes Collection to be everything you expected and more.
For those of you who may have missed it, or need a refresher on tips, please head over to QVC.com or stay tuned as I will be posting some videos taken exclusively at my studio in NYC on Facebook and YouTube.