Posted by Laura on Feb 10,2015
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and we have been thinking up the perfect way to celebrate with all of our gal pals! Here are our FOUR easy steps to the perfect Galentine’s Day!
BRUNCH: What gal doesn’t love a good brunch with your girlfriends? Gather your friends early and pick a great brunch spot – trust us you won’t be disappointed...brunch is never a bad idea! You’ll find us this Galentine’s Day at Amy Ruth’s in Harlem - a true soul-food experience. Nothing beats chicken and waffles with your besties.
MANIS: Galentine’s Day manicures are a MUST! No if’s, and’s, or but’s. After brunch head to the salon and get pampered with your favorite shade of polish! Our fave salon these days is Vanity Projects in the Lower East Side. These manicurists can seriously do anything.
MOVIES: OK girls, let’s be real. 50 Shades of Grey comes out on Friday (2/13). Buy your tickets here and go to the movies for the first time in forever! If you and your girls don't feel like heading out to the theater, curling up on the couch with Netflix is ALWAYS a good idea ;)
MAKEOVERS: Give your gals (and yourself..of course) the gift of a flawless face this Valentine's Day. After your day of activities, gather your fave beauty must-haves, check out some Pinterest & YouTube tutorials, and give each other a Valentine's Day makeover!
Share your activities this February 14th and hashtag #LauraGeller so we can follow along! We can't wait to check out your pics!
Posted by Laura on Jan 28,2015
#Snowmageddon2015 came and went here in NYC! We made it through by doing what we do best - some winter baking, of course. We found the cutest banana bread recipe and we just had to share with our Geller Girls! Here's what you'll need:
3 ripe bananas (mashed)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup Sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1 oz. or 1/4 stick butter (melted)
1 egg (beaten)
1 dash of salt
3 pint sized mason jars
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mash bananas until smooth and creamy.
3. Add in flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and egg. Mix well.
4. Mix in butter until smooth.
5. Slowly pour into 3 pint size wide mouth mason jars. Fill Each jar 3/4 of the way full.
6. Place 3 jars on middle rack in oven, on the lower rack fill a cookie sheet with about 1/2 inch of water.
7. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until brown on top.
8. Remove, and cool on rack until cool.
Screw on the lids and ta-da! You now have the cutest mini-personal banana bread jars ever. Grab your gals, some forks, cozy up on the couch & dig in!
*Recipe derived from AllRecipes.com.
Posted by Laura on Jan 20,2015
Has your shimmer & shine officially headed south for the winter? Three months of dull skin!? Unacceptable! Get your glow on with these can’t-live-without-it products from the Gals in the Laura Geller Beauty office! What’s on your Winter must-have list? Tell us on Facebook!
Love Me Dew Lip Crayon in Plum Freeze: “No look this season is complete without luscious lips! Plum Freeze (Love Me Dew Lip Crayon) gives me a pop of color as well as ultimate hydration for my dry wintery lips!” –Meg O., Social Media Coordinator
Baked Highlighter in French Vanilla: “Right now I’m actually OBSESSED with French Vanilla Highlighter. It’s like an instant face-lift & cure for the winter blues.” –Jaimie T., Planning & Purchasing Cooridinator
Baked Gelato Vivid Swirl Blush in Guava: “I without-a-doubt have Baked Gelato Blush in Guava in my purse all winter long. Who doesn’t want vibrant peachy-pink cheeks that last when your skin is feeling dull?” – Ela J., Senior Product Development Manager
Baked Body Frosting in Tahitian Glow: “I want to feel tan ALL winter, so I use Baked Body Frosting in Tahitian Glow...ALL winter. It’s buildable, so I can decide how dark I want to go each day.” – Jamie D., Senior Product Development Manager.
Posted by Laura on Dec 12,2014
I am in awe of our Today’s Special Value on QVC! It is full of timeless essentials that go from every day to black tie!
Our Black Tie Affair holiday assortment contains all of the necessary “little black dress” pieces of beauty - all you need to give or get!
This holiday collection truly creates alluring elegance for any occasion! Black Tie Affair features a new Baked blush in a shimmering, berry pink and our most loved low-glow Baked highlighter in sheer beige to add radiance to all your favorite features. A new Baked eyeshadow duo creates the ideal dramatic duo. A sweep of GlamLASH Mascara defines eyes for added impact. Color Enriched Lipstick in a deep pink hue creates a bold pout. Get a complete, party-ready look for face, cheeks, eyes and lips. All packaged with a beautiful, chic black sequined clutch to add that extra bit of sparkle for your holiday soiree!
Thank you to everyone who is tuning in throughout the day. I am so happy you can join me!
Posted by Laura on Dec 08,2014
It's the most wonderful time of the year in the most wonderful city on earth…And we are lucky enough to be here every single day! New York City transforms into a winter wonderland each year with Christmas trees, holiday window displays and amazing lights. Since this is our home, we have created a NYC Holiday 2014 guide with must-see sights & activities!
- Kick off your NYC holiday tour at Radio City Music Hall! Watch the famous Rockettes in their annual and incredible Radio City Christmas Spectacular. With lots of high-kicks and holiday cheer, it's a fun performance for all ages.
-Thousands of people converge on Rockefeller Plaza to visit and snap photos of the awe-inspiring beauty of this 80-foot-tall Christmas tree, beautifully decorated with 45,000 LED lights. We promise it is worth fighting the crowds to see!
- Half the fun of holiday shopping in New York is strolling down Fifth Avenue and gazing at the truly incredible window displays that coincide with this time of the year!
- Let the dancers of the New York City Ballet mesmerize you with their annual performance of George Balanchine's The Nutcracker. The performance runs until January 4th!
- A visit to NYC wouldn’t be complete without making a stop at Serendipity 3! If it’s too cold for you to sample the famous frozen hot chocolate, you can always try their Serendipitous Hot Chocolate or Cinnamon Sticks, an espresso with a cinnamon stirrer!
- During the holidays in Bryant Park more than 100 boutique shops help transform the popular park into a winter wonderland. The Holiday Shops at Bryant Park sell everything from jewelry to food.
- And last but not least, you can always join 1 million people in Times Square to ring in the New Year as the ball drops! (link to Times Square NYE)
If you visit NYC and do any of these activities, we want to see! Snap a pic and tag #LauraGellerHoliday!
Don’t forget to shop our Holiday 2014 collection!